There are 17 Sustainable Development Goals which were adopted after a Resolution was passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations on 25 September 2015.
Third Sector Insights partners with and empowers Non-Profit and Social Impact Organisations who are contributing to address all the goals, however we have a particular focus on Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
We have a specific focus on the highlighted targets below.
- Significantly reduce all forms of violence and related death rates everywhere.
- End abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violence against and torture of children.
- Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all.
- By 2030, significantly reduce illicit financial and arms flows, strengthen the recovery and return of stolen assets and combat all forms of organised crime.
- Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms.
- Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels.
- Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels.
- Broaden and strengthen the participation of developing countries in the institutions of global governance.
- By 2030, provide legal identity for all, including birth registration.
- Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, in accordance with national legislation and international agreements.
- Strengthen relevant national institutions, including through international cooperation, for building capacity at all levels, in particular in developing countries, to prevent violence and combat terrorism and crime.
- Promote and enforce non-discriminatory laws and policies for sustainable development.
If you are a corporate, non-profit or social impact organisation, please contact us to explore how we can partner with you in strengthening your board leadership and applied governance on behalf of your stakeholders and beneficiaries you are privileged to serve for improved social impact. Looking forward to having a discussion with you.